The education field is highly competitive. Schools are gradually integrating technology to counter challenges and optimize their processes. However, schools should invest not just in technology but also invest in a relationship with the technology service provider. This article looks into the challenges private school administrators face and how technology can make a difference.
The modern times has seen a rapid rise of private schools. It is of no surprise then that strong competition exists in the educational sector. Apart from this, private schools have their own set of challenges to tackle.
Challenges that private school administrators face
Below are five common challenges faced by private school administrators:
- Competition: Administrators face stress as they have to keep innovating and streamlining their processes for increasing efficiency and quality of the school.
- Parental engagement: Parents want constant school updates. This adds pressure on administrators as the parents look to interact easily with faculty and authorities.
- Communication: Since parents want to be in the know-how of school activities, communication with them is vital. Administrators have to set an instant, real-time communication channel to bridge the gap.
- Outdated processes: Lack of training for teachers, excessive paperwork for the staff, and teachers handling administrative as well as teaching tasks slow down a school from performing its best.
- Inappropriate technology: Malwares, software glitches, and viruses cause loss of data leading to delays and inefficiencies.
The above challenges can be countered by integrating a cloud based school management system. How does it help? Read on.
Overcoming challenges with a cloud based school management system
An online ERP helps schools solve challenges as:
- It automates and streamlines processes – increases productivity
- Administrators, faculty, parents and students can easily access it from any internet enabled device like desktop, laptop, or mobile
- Principal, faculty and parents can communicate in real time to each other
- It reduces paperwork and automates task management
- Zero IT, installation, and upgrade cost is involved
Get a detailed look into a cloud based school management system here.
Choosing the right technology provider
Like investing in anything else, schools should thoroughly review a technology service provider before zeroing in on a technology solution.
Check points schools should consider:
- Reputation: A technology service provider that has earned a good reputation should typically offer a good solution and support.
- Track record: A look at the provider’s past record can be effective in helping schools choose the right one.
- Communication: A technology service provider who responds promptly is worth considering as it shows their interest and professionalism.
- Customer service: Does the provider have happy customers? If the answer is yes, go ahead, if not, check which points are the customers unhappy with and decide accordingly.
- Client testimonials: Clients testimonials hold value. A provider showcasing testimonials from established clients is something schools should check. However, the key is verification.
- Reference checks: Before finally narrowing down on a technology service provider, do a reference check to be sure you are on the right track.
After the final selection, the quality of the school’s personal interactions with the technology service provider plays a role in the value of the partnership.
After all, at the end of the day, it is a H2H (human to human) relationship and not one merely with technology. Establish transparency, professionalism and mutual respect with the provider to ensure a smooth experience with technology.